from the Parish Clerk
Since the very well-attended ‘drop-in’ session in the Village Institute to review the four sets of architects plans for a Longstanton Community Hub, the Working Group (WG) has been progressing on a number of fronts:
- We have visited a number of existing Hubs in our region for practical feedback to improve our Hub to meet the village’s explicit needs.
- We are continuing to work with our preferred architects to prepare the design for planning permission.
- The Hub is a large and complex building and will require substantial funding. The WG is investigating sources of funding, some of which we hope will involve the community.
- We are investigating the financial viability of the Hub. An important aim is for the Hub facilities to be utilised as fully as possible (i.e. lie idle as little as possible). We are preparing a business plan to better understand associated costs and revenues and how the facilities will be run and administered.
- Lastly and most importantly we want to actively involve parishioners who have already expressed an interest, and those who wish to indicate interest now, in participating in our Hub initiative. Could those interested please contact the Parish Clerk to arrange a one-to-one general discussion to establish your specific interest and your relevant skills.