Newsletter – May 2015

From Cynthia Bidwell, Practice Managerwillingham_surgery

Our surgeries will be closed on Monday 4th May and Monday 25th May Bank Holidays
For urgent attention when the surgery is closed please ring 111

Increased demand for appointments

We are experiencing a high demand for doctor consultations at the moment and there may be a longer wait for a routine appointment with your preferred doctor. Don’t forget that you can ask for a telephone consultation if you think this is appropriate and you don’t want to wait to see a doctor. Have you considered whether a nurse or our pharmacist may be able to help on this occasion? Please remember to cancel your appointment if you no longer need it so someone else can benefit.

On line services

Please ring to register for on line appointment booking and prescription ordering. Once you have registered you will be able to view, book and cancel your appointments with either the doctor or nurse on line and can also order your repeat prescriptions.

Telephone requests for repeat prescriptions
If you prefer to order your medication by phone please ring 01954 260073 and not the pharmacy telephone. Many thanks.

Travel vaccinations

If you are travelling abroad do remember to book your appointment with the nurse 4-6 weeks before you travel to allow enough time to complete your vaccination course. If you are unsure whether you will need cover you can book a telephone appointment with a nurse who will check your vaccination record and the requirements of the area you are travelling to..

The next Patient Group Meeting…

…is Thursday 21st May 2-4 pm at Willingham Surgery. We welcome new members and in particular would like to encourage some younger members and young mums to come along to the group or join our email list. The Patient Group new email address is now live: ppgwillingham@outlook.com. Emails are read and responded to by the Chair or Secretary.

Carers Support Meeting

The next meetings are on Wed 6th May and Wed 10th June 2.00-4.30 pm at Willingham Surgery. Come along for a friendly chat and learn about what support is available to you. Ring Karen at the surgery for details.

Hearing Help Service (formerly CAMTAD)

Next dates Wed 20th May and Wed 17th June 2-4 pm.

Having difficulty sleeping?

Tips for better sleep:

• Keep regular hours.
  • Take more exercise.
  • Keep the bedroom quiet and dark, and not too hot or too cold.
  • Reduce caffeine intake.
  • Write down your worries on your to-do list.
  • Turn off gadgets.
  • Don’t over-indulge on food and alcohol.
  • Relax properly before going to bed.
  • Invest in a comfortable, supportive bed.

Thank you so much to the family of Bill Melville from Over who made a generous donation in his memory. Bill had been a patient of the practice for many years and we shall all miss him. We have been able to order a 24 hour ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitor which will be a great asset for our patients.

Goodbye and thank you everyone. I will be retiring at the end of May after 44 years with the practice. I would like to thank all our patients and my colleagues for the support I have received over the years. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with the practice and will miss everybody. I am told I will be just as busy in retirement and will wonder how I ever found time to work!

Comments are closed.